HAR Houston Housing Market October 2021Excerpt HAR.com newsroom.
Despite the second sales decline of the year, 2021 is still tracking at record levels
Houston Real Estate Market News October Highlights
- Single-family home sales were down 5.2 percent: 8,703 units sold versus 9,183 in October 2020;
- Days on Market of single-family homes took a step backward - 48 to 32;
- Property sales fell 3.1 percent with 10,756 units sold;
- However, dollar volume rose 9.9 percent to $3.8 billion;
- Single-family home average price increased to $377,631 (13.1 percent);
- Inventory for single-family homes months registered a 1.8-months supply, below the national inventory of 2.4 months;
- Single-family homes sales, on year-to-date, are running 12.9 percent ahead of 2020’s record pace and ahead of 2019 - 21.6 percent .
- Townhome/condominium sales rose 7.6 percent;
- Home rentals, single family, decreased 3.4 percent, and the average rent rose 9.7 percent to $2,092;
- Townhome/condominium average rent rose 7.3 percent to $1,712; and leases fell 1.3 percent.